Howdy! I seriously just go so far behind on here, I kind of gave up on ever catching up. I am beginning to realize, though, I don’t have to catch up for all the months of 2016 so maybe I’ll just do a hi-lite post soon. In the meantime, I am back with another What’s Up Wednesday! Today I am linking up with Mix and Match Mama and Sheaffer Told me To.
1. What we’re eating this week: My friend sent me a week of Green Chef meals, and I am excited to get our first box tonight! I selected the Paleo option since it is better for my PCOS. If this goes well, maybe we will sign up for real! We did do Hello Fresh for a while, but finally stopped because we had a lot of boxes where the meats had leaked or stuff went bad. It definitely makes things easier when you take out the meal planning and shopping!
2. What I’m reminiscing about: The Facebook “On This Day” just reminded me that it was this day 2 years ago when Ryder took his first steps. Excuse me while I go cry over my bitty baby! Everyday Ryder blows me away with something new. He is growing up so stinking fast!
3. What I’m loving: Califia Farms Almond Milk Creamer. One of the hardest things for me the first time I gave up dairy was finding ways to still drink my coffee (I like a little coffee with my creamer). This stuff has been a life saver. It definitely isn’t as thick or rich as dairy creamer, but I am getting used to that and almost prefer it now! I find this creamer at Target.
4. What we’ve been up to: I told a friend the other day that I feel like I spend most of my time trying to keep us busy! I love making memories with our little family. On Saturday we took a day trip to the zoo in Abilene. It was fun! Ryder was great in the car, and did pretty well at the zoo. We will have to go back this Summer. We also did several fun things over Spring Break including painting pottery and a trip to Joyland! In our spare time we try to go out and visit Ryder’s horse. He’s getting pretty good about wanting to see her and give her treats. He also rode her for a minute a couple of weeks ago.
5. What I’m dreading: a super hot Summer! I feel like it has stayed unseasonably warm lately. I do love being able to play outside with Ryder, but I hate sweating. Hopefully it will stay in the 80s for a while longer.
6. What I’m working on: So many things. Right now, though, I am trying to raise money for the March of Dimes again. It has been something near and dear to my heart since Ryder was born. I had planned to take the year off, but after a friend suffered her second stillbirth I decided to walk in her sons’ honor. You can help me by donating here.
7. What I’m excited about: We are going on a cruise at the end of April! I am dreading leaving Ryder behind for over a week, but I am excited to go to 2 new ports that I’ve never seen before! We will be sailing the Eastern Caribbean.
8. What I’m watching/reading: Well our favorite shows: Timeless and This is Us are over for now so we had to find something new. We have watched all 6 episodes of Trial and Error so far and love it. It is so off the wall that it is funny! I think we have also seen enough Dateline’s and Investigate Discovery to appreciate all of the jokes. My mom and I also saw Beauty and the Beast during Spring Break and I loved it so much that I can’t wait to see it again!
I have had an intense reading list this Spring. I am currently doing two Bible studies: How People Change and Gospel in Life. I have had so many “ah ha” moments out of Gospel in Life especially. In this last week this stuck with me the most, “He shows us that the way to lead is to serve.” I also have It Starts With Food and Intentional Parenting in my stack to read. We went to a great parenting conference in February, and I bought several of Sissy Goff and David Thomas‘ books!
9. What I’m listening to: a lot of Silly Songs with Larry 😉
10. What I’m wearing: So here’s the deal, I gave up shopping for Lent. I know, jaws are dropping. I wanted to save money, and I know that truthfully there is nothing I need. I did allow myself to buy things with a gift card I got for Christmas, though, since it was not my money 😉 I just ordered this shirt, and I think it will be perfect for our cruise. I even saved some money on my gift card to hold me over in case I need to shop again in the next 2 weeks!
11. What I’m doing this weekend: Eeeek! I am so excited for this weekend! My mom and I are going to the Hotel Garza in Post to do a murder mystery night! It is a roaring 20s theme, so I ordered us these accessories from Amazon!
12. What I’m looking forward to next month: We have something going on every weekend in April! It will be busy, but fun! I am looking forward to Easter, the March for Babies, oh and of course the cruise!
13. What else is new: lots more big changes are coming soon. I have a lot of thinking to do between now and the end of Summer. Good thing I have a graduate course to teach in June! That should keep my mind off things.
I promise I will work on this blog more, so until next time friends.